- Combine garlic, oregano, thyme, mustard, paprika, chopped jalapeno, wine & vinegar, & olive oil in a bowl. Arrange short ribs in a single layer in a large dish. Pour the marinade over the ribs. Cover and leave refrigerated for 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Remove ribs, reserving the marinade.
- Pat ribs dry and season with salt & pepper
- Heat remaining 2 T. of oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over HIGH heat. Working in batches, brown meat well on each side (about 2 mins. per side).
- Pour out all but 1 T of oil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions, diced jalapeno & sauté until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock, Worcestershire & reserve marinade.
- Bring to a boil, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add short ribs and orange peel (or place all ingredients in a casserole dish). Cover & bake for 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. or until ribs are fork-tender.
- Remove short ribs to a baking sheet.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees F & roast ribs for additional 15 mins.
- Skim any fat from sauce.
- Place over medium heat & reduce until slightly thickened, about 5 mins. Return to sauce and serve...
- A PORTION OF THE SAUCE; THEN (ON TOP) A SCOOP OF MASHED HERBED POTATOES; and THEN PLACE THE RIB & EXTRA SAUCE NESTLED IN THE POTATOES.
1 T Chopped garlic
1 T Chopped fresh oregano
1 T Chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp Dry mustard
1 tsp Hot paprika
1 tsp Chopped jalapeno pepper
1/2 Cup red wine
2 T Red wine vinegar
4 T Olive oil
6 Top of the Mountain short ribs on the long bone Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1 cup chopped red onions
1 tsp Diced jalapeno pepper
2 cups Canned diced tomatoes
2 cups Top of the Mountain Beef stock
1 T Worcestershire sauce
3 Inch Strip of orange peel